@craigmont Yeah, that's a great suggestion, also a way to disable automatic saving of each session type.
Posts made by Scott Przybylski
RE: no roostertail
When you run the game, it writes to a log file located at
Can you run the game, drive around, if you see the same bug, immediately exit the game and then send me the log file. I think you should be able to attach it to the forum. Also, maybe attach a screenshot?
RE: What are the System Requirements
It's definitely something that's evolving, it's hard to pinpoint a minimum requirement. I don't have the resources to buy multiple sets of hardware to test on.
I'd recommend getting Mid to High end hardware if you can afford it.
CPU - Intel i7 or i9 or AMD Ryzen 4 to 8 cores, Higher GHz clock rate will be better than more cpu cores (A lot of the newer CPU's can go up to 4GHz now). The game does utilize multi-threading, but typically the higher clock rate will outweigh more CPU cores.
RAM - I'd recommend getting whatever the fastest RAM your motherboard supports, I'd say typically DDR4 2166, some support up to 3200. I've seen the game use more than 2GB of ram. A system with at least 16GB should be fine, could probably get away with 8.
GPU - NVIDIA cards typically perform better than AMD. I'd say at least GeForce GTX 1060/RTX 2060 or Radeon RX 570/RX 5700.
If you're planning on playing in VR or 4k monitor, you might need a top of the line graphics card like an RTX 2080.
It is possible to run on lower end systems by lowering the screen resolution and turning off options in the graphics settings, but if you're building a new system, I wouldn't recommend that.
RE: VR problem
Re-center VR can be configured in the Input tab in the dialog that pops up before the game launches.
The default key is F4.
Edit: Oh, I just noticed you said that wasn't working... I'll look into it.
Do you have an Oculus? Which one? I've only tested with the first gen Oculus Rift.
HydroSim Physics testing v0.6.1.0-p9
Hey everyone, I've been working to try and make the hydroplane physics feel / look better and I would like feedback to tweak this before its released and ready to be used for league racing. I will post updates in this thread and welcome any feedback especially from those of you who have actually driven a hydro.
- Fixed graphical issues with the Splash / Spray.
- Got Spray collision lift physics working again (may need tweaks)
- Wake particles now pause when replay is paused.
- Wake particles get cleared when switching between replay and live.
- Fixed a bug with the replay slider hover not working.
- Fixed a bug that would cause performance degradation and frame stuttering over time.
- Fixed some errors in the dedicated server mode.
- Some other minor performance optimizations.
- Big change, switched water rendering library from Ultimate Water System to Crest. Adds support for interactive wakes.
- Updated to Dynamic Water Physics 2 for the base water physics + added some minor tweaks.
- More changes to the hydroplane tunnel physics.
- More particle tweaks.
- More tweaks to the tunnel physics to try and make it more realistic.
- Canard now modifies the lift coefficients of the tunnel rather than height / angle which fixes an issue with the boat blowing over when you stomp on the canard pedal among other things.
- Added basic wind simulation to the physics. Each course currently has wind setup in a fixed direction, it varies a little bit randomly.
- Made some more tweaks to the water splash/spray particles.
- Differen't approach to simulating the hydroplane tunnel using some lift/ground effect equations from https://www.academia.edu/6159865/Application_of_Theory_to_Hydroplane_Design
- Currently the canard is now modifying the height / angle of the tunnel rather than acting as a separate wing.
- More flighty (Probably too much)
- More slidey
- Less rolly
- Made water spray less obnoxious
- Canard pivot is now at the front of the wing where it should be.
- More flighty?
- More slidey?
- Bug affecting camera/boat skin when entering course while replay is playing.
- Fixed sunken ship simulator.
RE: rfactor boat models
Kallen Washburn made the UL / GP and several vintage models. Tom Mihelich made the original generic shovel nose hull.
I mostly just did the texture UV mapping and putting the models in game.
I probably have some source files on an old hd somewhere. Kallen might have some of the files. I believe there is a blender importer for the rfactor gmt mesh files.