U-8 Jif Presents Mr Pringles
HydroSim v0.6.7.0 - Seattle updates
- Added lots of new scenery to Seattle
- Updated Seattle cameras.
- Updated U-440
- Bugs with gun jump and 1 minute buoys should be fixed.
- Fixed bugs with netcode prediction that were happening on the server.
- Tried to smooth out boat rotation more with netcode / replays.
- U-1 Miss HomeStreet
- U-7 Boitano Homes
HydroSim v0.6.6.0 - New courses
- 2 new courses added. Evansville (sort of an odd D shape) and Lake Havasu (Tri-Oval).
- Made netcode interpolation smoother, fixed issues where the boat would completely stop due packet loss/delayed packets. The replays use the same interpolation code, so the replays should also be a bit smoother.
- Fixed some performance issues with global illumination and reflection probes (may see an fps increase). May also fix some frame stuttering issues.
- Updated the Crest water library to latest.
- Playing around with making the water rougher at Detroit.
HydroSim v0.6.5.1 - Scenery update
This is mainly a scenery update. Lots of scenery added to Tri-Cities. Started adding buildings using real world data to multiple courses.
- Bug with runtime building generator causing CPU usage to spike (this was causing the server to choke and timing was getting out of whack on certain courses.)
- FPS network stats readout was spewing errors in host mode causing intermittent framerate drops.
7/10/2020 Dedicated Server Hotfix (same version number)
NOTE - If you're running a dedicated server, I recommend re-downloading the game, I updated the archive with a server hotfix for Detroit/Madison.
- Cloth physics was running for all levels of detail of the flag at Tri-Cities at the same time.
- Fog is now applied to the water shader.
- Buildings generated using real world data for Tri-Cities, Madison, and Detroit.
- Added trees, cranes, towers, canopies, etc to Tri-Cities.
- Added secondary camera for rendering far away background objects (Mt Rainier, Rattlesnake Mt, downtown Detroit).
- Added additional graphics settings for setting the draw distance of buildings and course details. Setting either of these to 0 will disable rendering of these.
- Enabled terrain tessellation at Tri-Cities, Guntersville, and Seattle.
- Fixed an issue in the water shader that was causing a pretty huge performance hit.
- The exhaust guard on the turbine hydro hull was mapped to the wrong texture, it's now mapped to the Hull.dds
- Made roostertail length shorter to be more realistic.
- Fixed issue where roostertails would drift inwards in the turns.
- Fixed issues with roostertail physics.
- Fixed issue where boats would slide across the water when first spawning onto the course.
- Fixed a bug where the distance traveled along the race course was calculated using the center of the boat instead of the front. This was causing some issues with gun jumping penalties getting added for legal boats.
- Fixed an issue with the network stats in the ctrl+f debug display getting cutoff at certain resolutions.
- Flags are now displayed on the HUD. This will help with awareness of penalties, start, last lap, finish, etc.
- Current position is now displayed on the HUD.
- Automated 1-minute pin penalties. The 1-minute pin is at the exit of turn 1 on all courses. This is disabled by default, but can be turned on in the server admin settings under Rules.
- New nose camera.
- Updated U-11 J&D's hull texture.
- Updated the cockpit graphics, mainly pulled some more models/textures from HydroMod and tried to clean it up.
- Updated Crest water library to latest.
HydroSim v0.6.3.0 - H1 Unlimited E-League!
Big update! Several bugfixes and some new features for the H1 Unlimited's new E-League!
- Added Piston Unlimiteds! Each team (in StreamingAssets) has an xml file now that specifies which hull to use along with other info, so custom piston paintjobs can be added.
- Replaced all of the boats included in the game with the 2020 H1 Unlimited E-League teams.
- Added Madison 2 mile course.
- Added ability to specify server passwords.
- Completely re-vamped replay list menu. Allows sorting, deleting, renaming replay files.
- Re-worked netcode to make turns more accurate.
- Guntersville course layout updated to match the 2019 course more closely.
- Updated both Madison courses to have trees.
- New UI button style thanks to Matt Johnson.
- The nex/previous driver buttons for the camera now select the driver ahead or behind the current driver.
- Bug where boats could collide with eachother in the solo-qualifying session.
- Fixed an issue with the logic when connecting to the server, handshaking is now performed before the course loads.
RE: How do I make a dedicated server?
The server is currently hardcoded to use port
25144on both TCP and UDP. If you want other people to be able to connect to the server on the open internet, you will need to open the port on your firewall. If you're behind a router, which is likely, you'll need to login to the router and forward the port to your computer running the server.
I updated the HydroSim page to mention this.
In order for people to connect, they'll need your IP address to put into the Join input field.
I plan on making a master server list, but haven't gotten around to it yet, hopefully soon.
RE: 6.1.0 download problem
@tjz5151 I put some recommendations in here: http://www.uhlhydroplanes.com/topic/198/what-are-the-system-requirements
That is for newer desktops, I'm not sure about laptop graphics cards or if you can even swap them out.
If you have an older desktop, the graphics cards listed in that thread might not work for you.