@CanYouFoush Haha, hopefully not tooooo high.
Posts made by Scott Przybylski
HydroSim Alpha v0.5.0.3
Another update to address some issues that came up during the exhibition race.
- Filter out camera water spray effects from players boat. Actually, the boat that the camera is targeting will not add water droplets on screen.
- Chat auto-scroll should work properly now.
- Fixed boat spawn locations, so that boats don't spawn on top of eachother.
- Qualifying session is now private. Only the boat that the camera is targeting is visible, boat collisions disabled. The only caveat is that buoys are still shared and synchronized with the server.
- Server admin can now reset buoys without restarting the session.
- Enabled more realistic prop/skidfin spray code which should re-enable the roostertail physics (may need to tweak physics properties after we do some testing).
- Fixed an issue with practice/qualifying results flickering if drivers have exact same lap time. (Results can still flicker if drivers have the exact same name)
RE: HydroSim Alpha v0.5.0.2
Some known issues:
- Particle effect optimizations that were made prior to release seem to have broken the roostertail physics.
- If 2 drivers have identical lap times, race results will flicker.
- When looking behind, roostertail water spray effect happens on camera.
- Boat spawn locations need to be fixed. Had some boats spawning on top of eachother.
- Chat auto-scroll isn't working right.
- Drivers shouldn't be removed from race standings until session changes/restarts.
HydroSim Alpha v0.5.0.2
- Viewing saved replays wasn't working, now fixed.
- Fixed incorrect buoy texture mapping when viewing saved replays.
- Race clock is back to 5 minutes
- Fixed UI scaling at resolutions above 1920x1080
- Cinemachine camera system in place.
- TV, blimp, and helicopter camera with multi-vehicle tracking. (PageUp and PageDown to cycle)
- Manual fly camera (use WASD and mouse to control).
- Swingman camera now rotates with the boat.
- Created new buoy models.
- Multiplayer chat.
- Added physics to roostertails, so driving through will affect boat.
- Added camera splash effects from roostertails.
- Added penalties for dislodged buoys and jumped start.
- During race session, dislodged buoys will subtract a lap and require driver to run an extra lap. If you leave course before running extra laps you will get a DNF.
- During qualifying session, laps where a buoy is dislodged will be invalid and not counted towards best lap.
- Added DNF, DNS, DQ to standings. DQ currently reserved for future use.
- Added extra command line arguments for dedicated server:
maxPlayers- Integer, number of players allowed on the server. Default is 12.
tickRate- Integer, how many hz each client should update the server. Default is 20 (used to be 10).
- Added some more boats that were posted in the Exhibition race thread.
- Attempt to fix server time issues.
- Attempt to make netcode prediction more accurate.
- Flickering race standings.
- Gray boxes rendering on remote boats.
Download HydroSim v0.5.0.3 (Windows)
Newer build available here
RE: Hydrosim exhibition race
I'm not sure how many drivers the server can handle at the same time, so this should be a good test.
I'm also working on getting some automated penalties in the game for dislodged buoys and jumping the gun. I'll try to get it in for minimum speed also.
RE: Merry Christmas! HydroSim v0.4.0.2
@PeytonHopp No worries, I'll have an update soon. I made an attempt at fixing some of the server issues. It's hard to test locally, so I won't know whether or not they worked until I put it up on my server for you guys to test.
I just finished implementing a chat system. Right now I'm re-working the GUI to try and make the chat fit somewhere.
Other than that, there's the updated camera system and some other bug fixes.