HydroSim v0.7.0.0 Beta
This version has some big changes, especially with physics, so while the physics is being tuned, beta versions will be linked here.
Note: The boats engine no longer starts automatically, you must press the ignition button / key (Default is
I, can be re-mapped in the Input dialog).
- Fixed bug where boat would sometimes sink to the bottom of the water after leaving and re-joining the course.
- Fixed a long standing bug with the tunnel physics on dedicated server.
- Tweaked tunnel physics some more, should be a little more forgiving, boat still seems to bounce too much sometimes though.
- Updated water physics to increase fluid density based on velocity of the triangle, this should make the water feel harder when the boat is going faster.
- Tweaked some of the netcode smoothing now that some tunnel issues are fixed.
- Prop shaft setup range is now 4 - 6 degrees.
- Skidfin angle range is now 12 - 20 degrees
Note: This update drastically affects the way the boat flies and how the canard control works. It should be more realistic now.
- Fixed a bug with audio in replays.
- Fixed some broken Team.xml files.
- Fixed a bug with the tunnel physics that wasn't properly taking into account the orientation of the boat.
- Unity version was updated, Cross-compiling to Mac works again, so I've created a Mac build (I still do not own a Mac to test this with)
- Updated the physics mesh to better reflect the model at the back-end of the boat.
- Canard now affects the input velocity into the tunnel simulation instead of just being a multiplier on the output.
- Tweaked tunnel and propeller physics properties some more.
- New engine and propeller physics simulation. Huge thanks to @ToddWasson for helping me implement this! The propeller is now simulated by spinning a semi-propeller shaped mesh and applying forces on the submerged triangles. This then provides a load to feed back into the engine simulation.
- Lots of physics changes, trying to make cornering more realistic (faster and less slidey).
- Updated Cinemachine, has fixes to help smooth out some camera jittering.
- Updated Crest water library.
- Tweaks to default water properties, made more directional.
- Added boat setups, can now change the prop pitch, diameter, shaft angle, gear ratios, and skidfin angles.
- New spawning system, added trailers to spawn boats in the pits when joining the server. Spawn location can be changed by pressing
- Added engine ignition (Defaults to
Ikey, can be re-mapped in the Input dialog).
- Added ability to reload textures while in game to help with painting boats, you can update the DDS files in the Team folder and then press
Ctrl+Rto reload the textures of the boat that is the camera target.
- Fixed issues with timing planes at Lake Havasu.
- Performance issues caused by terrain when zooming in really far.